Friday, January 12, 2007

I had a really great week this week. The concert in the NCH on Wednesday went brilliantly. Thankfully our little solo went off without a hitch - despite the wobbly start on Monday night at rehearsals. The Irish Times gave the concert a glowing review the next day, particularly for the choirs perfect diction so our stepford wives impersonation was as Simon Cowell would say 'on the money!; LOL ! Great news too for the conductor - he's just been appointed (Tuesday night) the newest principal conductor for the RTE CO - a huge achievement for a 34 year old. He was the quiet pianist in the corner when I was singing in the Trinity Choral society ten years ago. Good on him!

Other good things that happened this week - the postman delivered me my third installment of my free goodies from Docrafts, the UK craft company I freelance for... I think I counted 2500 brads (not individually you understand!). Have to put them all to good use now as I have a gig in Letterkenny in two weeks time!

I got an email from Scrapbook Inspirations magazine (UK publication) this week to say one of my LO's has made the letters page of February edition and also they are going to put a link up to our creative blog which we do every Friday night www.scrapwest.blogspot.com/
so we are delighted to get some publicity after 12 weeks work... So watch out for their blog (www.scrapbookinspirationsmagazine.co.uk

Tomorrow I am holding a crop in my house for the usual crew - there's around 8-10 crafty girlies coming over for the day to work on some LO's and cards with a view to getting published, I called it our 'submission crop' LOL! Funny thing is I emailed Cheryl in Scrapbook Inspirations looking for her next themes for submission and she thought it was a great idea for a crop and has asked me to take pictures and write a small piece for the mag and she will try to put it into the next edition so watch this space....

Oh and another thing - DH handed in his resignation today (Yey!) . He's off to pastures new in April :-)

Off to watch Pat on the Late Late Show now...and maybe a glass of vino:-)