Sunday, February 22, 2009

Crafteire'09

Just home from a great weekend away at Crafteire. We had such a laugh - all the girls were in sparkling form and the craic was mighty. I guess you had to be there but there were so many giggles this weekend it was a total tonic! I really enjoyed the luxury of the Tullamore Court hotel - lovely room and great food. As for the creative part of the weekend, I just chilled out at my own pace, chatted loads and finally managed to erect my Karen Burniston house, whose class instructions I purchased over a year ago. As the same class was being taught by Jane Dean this weekend I figured it would be a good time to have a go. I started this on Thursday night before I left and around 7 hours later working on it solidly on Saturday....voila! I'm very pleased with it as it was quite a feat of engineering really! At one point it was totally breaking my heart!!! I used the gorgeous October Afternoon kit I purchased at Kit 'n Kaboodle which worked a treat for this project...The second page (my own design)then came together quickly to match the 'house'.













Today I really enjoyed working on this DLO using my 'Spring Fling' kit and these two favourite photos of Lucy Lou in Disney last year.



I found this fabulous merry-go-round quote on www.quotegarden.com which works perfectly for the photo - love when that happens!

No comments: