Sunday, February 18, 2007

More Temple St Dramas this weekend...

We're keeping the national health system bouyant with our trips to Temple St hospital :-) Friday night, settled in for a nice crafty evening. Carrie and Linda called over and we made some altered items, did some cj's and had a nice glass of vino. Just at midnight Eva woke up screaming with a pain in her head and her temp was up to 40.6. She had a fall earlier that day in school - her teacher told me she had fallen backwards from a chair and landed on her head but they had just icepacked it and she seemed fine afterwards. It gave me such a fright as she was really unwell when she woke up and she even asked for medicine and a doctor.

I rang a taxi left poor Carrie holding the fort as Ed was away overnight. When we got into Temple St there were so many people waiting I was in shock - maybe 50 or 60 filling three waiting rooms and a corridor. I overheard people saying they had been waiting 4 and 8 hours and all around me babies and kids were vomiting and covered in rashes (nice!). Don't ask me why but the gods were on my side as I was called in after an hour and brought straight to a bed. She was monitored for 5 hours and eventually discharged at 6am with a diagnosis of a viral illness. They did enough neuro obs on her to confirm that it was nothing to do with concussion and just a coincidence that a viral bug should hit her on the same day. Anyway she spent yesterday vomiting and a is a little brighter today but still in bed being waited on hand and foot. Fingers crossed thats the end of it and the rest of us don't get it!
Anyway as we are having a quiet weekend I'm getting some alcohol inks work done and maybe get started on some circle journals which are mounting up at a phenomenol pace. Here's the entry I did for this weeks Scrapwest on Friday night and a frame I did for a client during the week...


TFL