Thursday, November 30, 2006

What a week...

Last week Eva had a 3 day virus and this week it's Lucy's turn. Have been housebound on nursing duty for what seems like 2 weeks and feeling like it's time to go on a holiday again (I wish!) . Ended up in Temple St A&E last night as Lucy's temp just wouldnt settle down and it was the 3rd day. I don't handle 40 degree temps very well - usually go into a blind panic but on this occasion I think I made the right call to take her in to be checked. I think she was close to a febrile convulsion so I wasn't taking any chances. Three hours later and we were back in our beds none the wiser but her temp was under control. Oh the joys of motherhood!

Last Sunday we took the girls to the National Musuem at Collins Barracks. We live really close to it and have been meaning to go for ages so we went to see the 'Soldiers and Chiefs' exhibition. It was pretty impressive but the girls got bored as they wanted to see the dolls house on the 2nd floor. I love this piece as the detail is amazing.
Then when I looked over at Eva she was about to sit on a 17th century chair. I nearly leapt out of my skin when I saw her about to sit down so I grabbed them by the hand and got out of there promptly.
Just as we were leaving we noticed the RockChic exhibition which is a huge display of electric guitars from famous celebrities. I quite liked Bono's one - all that doodling... and there were a few that looked like they had been altered with alcohol inks! LOL! Well worth a visit on a rainy Sunday afternoon...