Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas is coming...

The weekend was very festive...today we went to see Eva's school navity play in Church and it was lovely. All the little girls were dressed as tinsel headed angels and all the little boys were sheppards (wearing dressing gowns and teatowels on their heads). Afterwards there was a mince pie reception in the parish hall. After lunch we went out to pick our Christmas tree and I got some lovely shots of the girls setting it all up...Of course when they are gone to bed I will have to rearrange it all as it is a little bottom heavy and ready to keel over... LOL! They haven't quite grasped the idea of 'less is more'.. :-)



This is the first year that it all really makes sense to Lucy. She was singing Christmas carols as she was decorating...sweet :-) and every now and again she would stand back and say 'it's beautiful mama'.










Yesterday I held a scrapbooking class and crop for the girls and it was great - really festive atmosphere. My scrapbooking friend Annamarie from www.thescrapbookstore.ie completely surprised me with the most fab crafty tote (handbag to any non crafters) and I absolutely love it - my new fav handbag! No more Superquinn eco shopping bags for me - I will be cropping in style from now on! I got some other lovely presents which was a complete surprise but it really put me in the festive mood :-)

This is the class I gave yesterday - the attached album went down really well with the girls. Great use of all the little photos we have to display...

Last night we had farewell (takeaway :-)) dinner and drinks for our good friends Niamh & Ollie and their kiddies who are heading to a new life in the countryside next week. I'm really going to miss them as we have been sanity coffee mates for ages and our kids are best friends. There was lots of wine and champers and tears flowing last night and I made this for her to remind her of happy days...