Sunday, July 29, 2007

Simpsons - The Movie



















This afternoon we took the girls to see the Simpsons movie. It's great when you can take them to a movie which is actually written for adults but appeals to the little ones and keeps them in their seats for 90 minutes or so (well apart from 2 toilet breaks LOL!). There were some really funny moments - like the rock and the hard place (tee hee) and Moe's bar scenes. My kids roared laughing at most of it even when the joke went way over their heads. So it was a great choice for a Sunday afternoon. Can't wait for the DVD so we can see the scenes we missed at the toilet breaks! Spider pig spider pig...dum di dum.....















Yesterday we had the most relaxing day in Cavan. Annamarie from http://www.thescrapbookstore.ie/ booked a fab retreat centre at http://www.bearessentials.ie/ which is a haven for any bear collectors.















The owner (Anke) makes her own designer bears and has the most beautiful shop crammed full of bear memorabilia. When I got there and ventured into the retreat centre I nearly jumbed out of my skin when this giant life size bear caught my eye.




















Annamarie taught a class with the beautiful new Basic Grey 'Infuse' papers. In the afternoon I taught the girls how to make these 2 really quick and easy minialbums. There's a few surprises inside but here's a few photos to show what we made...































I even managed to get a bit of scrappin' done myself - I made this one (Things I remember...) on Thursday at Annamarie's class in Whitehall so I did a follow up one as a DLO )Going to the chapel). I'm building up my collection of Wedding LO's for my 10th wedding anniversary album next month! Shhh it's a surprise for himself...



Now- if this isn't relaxing in the countryside I don't know what is! AmberJane and Linda having a chinwag in the sunshine :-) If you are feeling envious and neglected there is another pambering scrapbooking day planned for Sat 25th August and places are limited so contact workshops@thescrapbookstore.ie to get a place on the next scrap oasis day out:-)


4 comments:

Karva said...

Looks like you all had a fab day, I was really miffed I missed it and it does not look like i will make the Aug one either :(
See you in Dublin!!!

Kate said...

Looks like ye all had a fab relaxing day. Love the work you did. Brilliant

Unknown said...

LOL typical - me sitting like a child !! I had a fab day thank you so much for the company and the lift Lainey - can't wait for August now :)

eva birdthistle said...

Oh so sorry I missed that one :( sounds like a fab day out and the work looks amazing!!! Keep fingers crossed for the next one!