Saturday, July 07, 2007

Home from Italy...

Just arrived home this afternoon after two weeks of the most relaxing holiday I've ever had in Italy, near Venice. Unfortunately when we arrived home I got some really sad news...an ex colleague and old friend called Joe died today. He was a great towering giant of a man, extremely fit and had a big personality and the driest wit to match his stature. I just can't believe that he's gone - only in his 40's he was running on a threadmill in the gym last Wednesday and then collapsed. Today they turned off his life support. He's left behind a lovely wife and two beautiful daughters. There's something unnatural about a man in his prime taken so unexpectedly...I can't even remember when I saw him last but the thing about Joe is he made everyone laugh with his mannerisms and stories....

The other sad news I've had this week is one of my best friend's mum is losing her fight with alzheimer's tonight. The saddest thing is my best friend knew Joe really well and worked with him too and was very fond of him...That's just too much sadness for one day.

May they both rest in peace....
XX

No comments: