Monday, April 07, 2008

Another year older and wiser...



I celebrated my birthday this weekend with a trip to IKEA in Belfast followed by an overnight stay in the luxurious Culloden Hotel which was just lovely - really olde worlde and lots of squishy couches and open fires.




IKEA was amazing - such a clever concept and enjoyable shopping experience. We went primarily to kit out our office and attic and managed to do just that with some odds and ends thrown in for good measure. My husband who is probably the world's most reluctant and intolerant shopper was under orders not to complain as it was my birthday and he was remarkably compliant I have to say ;-) After we packed our car (without the kids who were deposited in my lovely mother's care en route)we headed down the road to the hotel. By coincidence we met up with my old buddy Muriul and her friend Val so we had a laugh that night rehashing the old college stories. Definitely a place to go back to...

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh you luckey duckey getting to run riot in IKEA LOL!!!! What a way to spend a birthday!!!